Dear Michaels Makers:
We appreciate your continued support and understanding during this difficult period. Our top priority remains the safety and well-being of you, our Team Members, and the communities in which we serve.
As our environment continues to evolve in these unprecedented times, we want to share with you the latest steps we are taking to keep you and our Team Members safe. Below is a recap of some of the company’s actions to adapt to the new operating environment.
- Offering curbside, contactless pickup of products by simply making a purchase online or through the Michaels app, calling the store when you arrive, and having a team member bring your purchase to your car. We also continue to offer traditional online shopping for those who want to have it delivered to their home. Please use our Find A Store locator to check for the most up-to-date store hours and availability in your local area.
- Introducing out Same-Day Delivery across the country for orders placed at select stores prior to 1:00 p.m. Same-Day Delivery can be activated by placing orders via com. Same-Day Delivery is now available at select stores nationwide.
- Expanding our social distancing protocols including limiting the number of customers in our stores, and ensuring customers stand 6 feet apart to follow social distancing guidelines when creating a queue line outside stores and at waiting areas at cashier points.
- Installing protective plexiglass shields at cash registers in all open stores, providing protective gear to all our Team Members in our stores, distribution centers and other facilities to minimize the spread of COVID-19.
- Temporarily suspending all in-store events including classes, MAKE Breaks and birthday parties. In the meantime, we have added DIY ideas to our Projects Page, 100 Boredom Busters and will host Facebook LIVE broadcasts for family-fun activities at noon CDT every Wednesday. You will be able to find the following on michaels.com:
- Step-by-step instructions to make your own masks here
- 1,500 step-by-step Instruction Projects
- 200+ How-To videos
- 4,000+ Maker-generated project images from customers made with products from Michaels
- Implementing detailed hour-by-hour cleaning protocols and reduced operating hours at all locations to allow for additional cleaning time throughout the day.
We continue to look to support our communities and frontline healthcare workers experiencing shortages of the personal protective equipment necessary for their role in the fight against COVID-19. A donation of a $1 million worth of fabric – enough to make nearly 750,000 masks – was made to more than 70 organizations and sewing groups across North America to help with mask making efforts. We also donated 500 N95 masks to the staff at Baylor Scott & White Foundation-Irving Irving, Texas, and will soon be donating another 4,000 N95 masks to a hospital in the northeast.
We have also had to make the difficult decision to temporarily close a significant number of our stores. At Michaels, we continuously evaluate our operations to ensure they are in accordance with government mandates. Where it is permitted to operate our stores, we continue to serve our customers with reduced hours and staff, and curbside pick-up of online orders. You can use our Find A Store locator to check for the most up-to-date store hours in your local area and can continue to order home delivery via michaels.com.
We value greatly our relationship with you. We place our customers at the center of everything we do and believe strongly we can continue to serve your needs both now and in the future.
To learn more information about all the steps we have taken to address the COVID-19 crisis, please visit us https://www.michaels.com/covid19response.